Sunday, April 10, 2011

Picnic in the Bois de Vincennes

On Saturday afternoon, my friend Kristin and I went on a picnic. We bought bread, cheese, prosciutto di Parma, roasted red peppers, strawberries, red wine, and cannoli and almond cookies from various markets/shops near Republique and then took the line 1 out to the Bois. We spent several hours lying in the sun and eating. I didn't really properly document our feast, but it was delicious.The park was full of French people flying kites, playing badminton, riding bikes, and just sitting and eating in the sun. Picnics are a very common occurrence here in Paris. This was my first one (although I eat by myself in parks all the time.) But Kristin has become an expert picnicker in her two years here. We have already planned to go on another one some evening this week, on the Pont des Arts...This is Kristin sitting on the wall of the moat surrounding the chateau.

No comments:

Post a Comment