Thursday, February 10, 2011

The 19th and 18th arrondissements

Starting next week, I'll be spending a lot of time in the 19th arrondissement. I will be taking French classes up here...after only 2 weeks of no school I am itching to get back to class.The neighborhood is not quite as picturesque as the 5th or the 7th or the 1st or the 4th, it must be admitted.Still, I spent a pleasant hour strolling around the canal St. Martin on Wednesday.Then I walked home (taking the long, scenic route) through Montmartre.It took me 2 hours, but I got my exercise climbing many steps......and up steep winding paths in this little park.Even on a Wednesday afternoon in February, the steps of Sacre Coeur are thronged with tourists being entertained by horrible, horrible musicians.But even their wretched sounds couldn't spoil the view.And I don't even mind looking like all the other tourists taking pictures of these cute little streets.......and the windmills, of course. I love the windmills. I'm pretty sure one or both of these is a fake or a replica, but I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment