Monday, November 22, 2010

Monet at the Grand Palais

Yesterday I went to see the Monet Exhibit at the Grand Palais. Since all the tickets available online were sold out, I knew I'd be standing in line to buy tickets at the door, but for some dumb reason I still wasn't quite prepared for an over-two-hour-wait. Alas, that's what it was. Fortunately it was not raining and not even too too cold, though my feet were pretty numb by the time we got to go in. And even though we were already tired before we saw a single painting, we still somehow managed to spend about two and half hours in the exhibit. It was huge. I've seen my fair share of Monet exhibits in my life and I knew that he was prolific, but seeing so many of his paintings in one place at one time was pretty staggering. I really loved the seascapes he did in Normandy and the early paintings of Le Havre and now I'm wanting to go there more than ever. (Normandy is definitely on my list of regions of France I must visit this time around.)A few pictures of the Grand Palais from the outside, as I was on my way to the exhibit.Today was a cold, wet, dreary day. In between church service and a concert there I met a friend for coffee in St. Germain and then took a bit of a walk through the 15th as I headed back to the American church.

No comments:

Post a Comment